Ruling coalition nominates Serzh Sargsyan for next Prime Minister
The ruling coalition of Armenia, the parliamentary factions of the Republican Party and the ARF, unanimously decided at an April 16 joint sitting to nominate the candidacy of third President of Armenia Serzh Sargsyan for next Prime Minister.
The election of the PM will take place in an open voting format in the Armenian parliament on April 17 – when for the first time in modern history of the country a Prime Minister will be elected by Members of Parliament.
Earlier on April 14, the HHK (ruling party) Council also unanimously approved the Executive Body’s decision on nominating Serzh Sargsyan’s candidacy.
Armenia transitioned into a parliamentary system April 9. On the same day, Armen Sarkissian (no relation to Serzh Sargsyan) was sworn in as 4th President of Armenia.
A new government will be formed within 20 days after lawmakers will elect a Prime Minister.
- 5 Day Weather Forecast
- Recipe Corner: Broccoli Salad with Walnuts, Grapes and Feta
- Armenians of Tbilisi protest for protection of city’s Armenian heritage
- French company to open new ski resort in Armenia
- Iran says Trump cannot bring oil prices down by 'bullying'
- Fourteen Iranian security forces kidnapped on border with Pakistan
- Assad says he plans to visit Crimea in April 2019
- Wiretappers of security chiefs’ phone conversation identified
- Any counterrevolution or sabotage threats to be ruled out, intelligence chief says
- New governors appointed in Syunik, Aragatsotn and Armavir
- FM Mnatsakanyan presents Armenia's new government’s priorities at Eastern Partnership ministerial meeting
- Russian border guards arrest Turkish citizen for illegally crossing Armenia-Turkey border
- October 16 is the Armenian Press Day
- RA government session has kicked off
- Gegham Gevorgyan appointed minister of agriculture
- Tigran Khachatryan is appointed Armenia Minister of Economic Development and Investments
- Azerbaijan blacklists Russian women visiting Nagorno Karabakh for Women for Peace forum
- Stepanakert Wiki Club celebrates its 3rd anniversary
- CSTO PA meeting moved from Yerevan to Moscow amid PM’s possible resignation
- Yerevan and Adjara trade and industrial chambers signed a memorandum
- Charles Aznavour on the cover page of Charlie Hebdo
- Next James Bond Could Be GoT Star Richard Madden
- Armenia confirms participation in Eurovision 2019
- Arto Tuncboyaciyan at the Hayastan All-Armenian Fund’s headquarters in Yerevan
- President Sarkissian Honored with East-West Institute’s Global Statesman Award