New Armenian FM, OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs have first meeting in Yerevan
Armenian foreign minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan held a meeting on June 12 with OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Igor Popov of the Russian Federation, Stephane Visconti of France, and Andrew Schofer of the United States of America in Yerevan.
At the meeting, the Armenian FM valued the mission of the Co-Chairs and attached importance to the visit, stressing that it enables to establish direct contact after the formation of the new government in Armenia.
FM Mnatsakanyan reaffirmed Armenia’s approaches and stance in the NK conflict settlement issue, emphasizing that Armenia is committed to the exclusively peaceful settlement of the Nagorno Karabakh conflict within the framework of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairmanship.
The Co-Chairs presented their experience and approaches in the efforts of settling the conflict to the minister.
The sides exchanged ideas over the settlement issue, touched upon the possibilities of advancing the negotiations process and in this context attached importance to the formation of an atmosphere contributing to peace.
Speaking about the latest Azerbaijani killing of a an on-duty soldier in the Artsakh line of contact, minister Mnatsakanyan stressed that Azerbaijan is seriously questioning its commitment to the peace process by such provocations.
Future steps in the co-chair format were discussed.
- Recipe Corner: Roasted Fall Vegetables
- With few buyers, Iranian oil armada heads to China ahead of U.S. sanctions
- Russia and Turkey give more time for Idlib deal in Syria: U.N.
- Noted Artsakh filmmaker Don Askarian dies at 69
- Kremlin comments on Putin-Trump 'special relations'
- Dashdondog Bayarsaikhan: ‘Armenian Sources Are Very Important for Mongol Studies’
- “Yerevan: From the Bronze Age to the Capital of Pink Tuff” exhibition to open at History Museum
- Armenia improves position in Armenia improves position in Global Competitiveness Index by 2 points
- Nikol Pashinyan to refer to all state issues in Kapan
- Republicans convene executive body session to discuss early elections
- President Sarkissian sends condolence letter on Ara Guler’s demise
- Who will lead the CSTO after Yuri Khachaturov?
- An Afternoon of History and Collaboration: Armenian MIrror-Spectator
- S. Korean president set for meeting with Pope Francis
- Arpine Hovhannisyan Receives Delegation Headed by EEAS Managing Director for Europe and Central Asia Thomas Mayr-Harting
- President Armen Sarkissian receives PwC company representatives Save Share
- Recipe Corner: Almond Butter Cookies
- President Bako Sahakyan attended in the solemn event marking the centennial of the Msmna battle
- Rome film fest kicks off
- ADL position on upcoming snap parliamentary elections
- China successfully tests world's largest unmanned transport drone
- Cabinet approves ratification of Armenia-Japan investment liberalization deal
- Pashinyan offers condolences to families of Crimea college attack
- Pashinyan extends condolences over death of Istanbul-Armenian photographer Ara Guler
- Washington Post publishes 'last piece' by missing Saudi journalist Khashoggi