We live in New Armenia: President Armen Sarkissian's message
President of Armenia Armen Sarkissian issued a message on April 26 following yesterday’s consultations with the political forces and public-political figures.
The message says:
The recent heated developments in our country are an unprecedented phenomenon. The fact on how the civil movement turned into a pan-national movement through organized and civilized development way is a matter of pride for all Armenians.
From now on we have a new page in the history of Armenia. We live in new Armenia. Armenia where every Armenian and Armenians worldwide must invest their strength and energy for the country’s development. Armenia which will be famous across the world in terms of democracy, governance, civil society, culture, science and economy development. Armenia where an Armenian will see his/her future and the future of his/her generations. Armenia which will be loved by every Armenian, public official and ordinary citizen.
Armenia that will be Armenia of my and your dreams.
Denying this reality would be a political shortsightedness.
Just like Serzh Sargsyan opened the gateway to New Armenia with sober assessment, all political forces, especially those represented in the Parliament, must peacefully pave that path guided by the Constitution.
We all have to properly implement the historical mission we have, and take that step at this decisive moment for our people. The political forces enjoying the trust of most of the people must jointly guide the country through this path.
I am convinced that the national consciousness accumulated throughout millennium will not allow to miss that historical moment.
I am proud to see today’s Armenia and I am happy that I am going to live in tomorrow’s strong, united, fair and flourishing Armenia.
Good morning, Armenia! Good morning proud citizen of Armenia!”
- Armenia Enters Uncharted Course of Democracy NEW 33 MINUTES AGO
- Short and light rain is possible in Yerevan
- Acting defense minister Tonoyan, Rudy Giuliani exchange views on a number of regional and international issues
- NSS has not taken any action against Movsisyan's brothers: Samson Galstyan
- Recipe Corner: Rice, Shrimp and Spinach Salad
- Hayk Marutyan Sworn in as New Yerevan Mayor
- Republicans oppose government’s Electoral Code amendment bill
- Brent oil rises back above $80 as Iran sanctions loom
- Damascus describes US-led coalition’s actions in Raqqa as genocide — SANA
- Armen Sarkissian on three-day Switzerland trip for Crans Montana Forum
- TCA Exhibits Simon Samsonian Paintings in NJ: A Master of Rich Colors, Cityscapes, Portraits, Landscapes and Bold Lines
- Trudeau, Macron Headline Francophonie Summit in Armenia: Armenian Mirror-Spectator
- Extraordinary session kicks off in Parliament
- Eurasian Week International Forum kicks off in Yerevan, Armenia
- Executive Body of the Republican Party of Armenia held a session on the draft Electoral Code
- RA Parliament Deputy Speaker to participate in CSTO PA Council and Plenary sessions
- Putin’s meeting with US national security adviser still being prepared - Kremlin spokesman
- Local polls: Ejmiatsin elects first ever woman mayor in history of Armenia
- Karabakh President attends pomegranate festival in town of Martouni
- Mayor Hayk Marutyan is present at opening of the monument dedicated to Yerevan’s 2800th anniversary
- Yerevan Mayor Hayk Marutyan’s congratulation on the 2800th anniversary of Erebuni-Yerevan foundation
- Aghalarovs spent millions of dollars for Trump's presidency for the latter to act in favor of Azerbaijan
- Free Wi-Fi in all Dubai taxis soon
- Bloomberg: Trump, Putin may meet in November
- A crime that nobody is immune to: it’s high time to think