Nikol Pashinyan’s first international meeting took place in Sochi
The newly elected Prime Minister of Armenia Nikol Pashinyan held a series of meetings with the heads of the EAEU member states - with the President of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko, the President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev, the President of Kyrgyzstan Sooronbay Jeenbekov, and the President of Moldova Igor Dodon. However, it is the meeting between the Russian President Vladimir Putin and the Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan that is crucial from the point of view of the dynamics of discussions and bilateral developments.
It's no secret that the Russian-Armenian relations are of strategic importance in their nature and content, conditioned by the quality and depth of bilateral relations. The strategic feature of this relationship lies in the security component. Armenia is building military-allied relations of new quality with Russia, which are unprecedented for the countries of the former USSR.
Such a form of relations is conditioned by the strategic situation prevailing in the region and the RA relations with Azerbaijan and Turkey. At a meeting of this level, it was also necessary to prove that bilateral relations were not affected as a result of the “velvet revolution” in Armenia. Even before the meeting, Pashinyan repeatedly stated that if bilateral relations were changed, then only for the better.
During the meeting with the Russian president in Sochi, the Armenian Prime Minister once again assured that Armenia remains true to its international obligations and will work only in the direction of deepening relations with Russia, emphasizing the role of military cooperation in this context.
A number of meetings within the EAEU summit framework prove that a new stage of development that will further improve the quality of existing relations, begins that is a strategically important direction for the Armenian economy. This also proves an unprecedented growth in trade turnover, only in Russia this growth was about 35%.
It is also important to note that Prime Minister Pashinyan's visit to Sochi was unprecedented in terms of the reception organized by the Armenian community of the city. It can be said that all the Armenians of Sochi and adjacent settlements gathered to greet the new Prime Minister of Armenia. Such a mass reception and meetings with the prime minister of the Armenian diaspora representatives, in fact, were unprecedented. None of the previous RA presidents enjoyed such respect and interest from the Armenian community, which again shows that Nikol Pashinyan enjoys great respect not only in Armenia, but also in the Diaspora.
- International Contemporary Art Exhibition in Yerevan NEW 36 MINUTES AGO
- French company eyes building resort in Armenia
- Russian border guards apprehend trespasser on Armenian-Turkish border
- Armenian side prevents Azerbaijan’s attempts to include wording on Metsamor’s suspension in Nuclear Security resolution
- Cher flaunts age-defying physique ahead of Australian tour
- Minor earthquake detected in Armenia’s south
- Trump: Climate change scientists have agenda
- Zohrab Mnatsakanyan to attend Eastern Partnership Foreign Ministers meeting in Luxembourg
- Feast of the Holy Translators
- Russia-Belarus cooperation as a union state
- I have special attitude towards Artsakh and Stepanakert:Hayk Marutyan
- Henceforth monitoring of human rights to be held in Artsakh
- My Handmade Armenia festival
- On October 13-18 no precipitation is predicted.
- Bridge of Health Guyn Gala Helps Give Children Battling Cancer a Fighting Chance
- Dr. Ümit Kurt to speak on “Proactive Local Perpetrators: Mehmet Yasin (Sani Kutlug) and Ali Cenani” at Fresno State
- Azerbaijani ceasefire violation incidents decrease, says Artsakh
- Trudeau and Sarkissian discuss developing ties, expanding cooperation
- Recipe Corner: Cream of Cauliflower and Leek Soup
- Brigitte Macron: this is an extra ordinal welcome which we will remember for a long time
- Feast of the Holy Translators - Sts. Mesrob, Yeghishe, Moses of Khoronk, philosopher Davit Anhaght, Gregory of Narek and Nerses the Gracious (Nerses of Kla)
- Yerevan mayor inauguration is underway
- Joint news conference of Justin Trudeau and Nikol Pashinyan has kicked off
- ‘Our thoughts are with Armenian Genocide victims and we solemnly swear to never allow history to be repeated’ – Trudeau
- Bolton to visit Armenia