Recipe Corner: Chilled Summer Squash and Potato Soup
6-7 medium zucchini, yellow crookneck or pattypan squash, sliced or diced
1 large onion, diced
2 medium garlic cloves, minced
2 cups potatoes, peeled, cubed or diced
2 medium stalks celery, diced (plus tops)
2 medium carrots, diced
6 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth (to taste)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil (to taste)
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (to taste)
1 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt
1/2 teaspoon white or black pepper
Pinch of dried thyme
Non-fat plain yogurt as garnish
Chopped chives, basil, parsley, paprika or mint as garnish
Half and half or fresh ricotta and juice of 1/2 lemon
In a large pot, sauté zucchini, onions, garlic, potatoes, celery and carrots in butter and olive oil for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender, tossing occasionally.
Add the broth, lemon juice, salt, pepper and thyme, stir, and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes. Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes.
In a food processor or blender, puree soup (in batches) until medium smooth, but there are traces of zucchini and carrots visible.
Serve at room temperature, if desired, or place in a container, cover, and chill for 4-6 hours or overnight.
To serve, whisk soup with half and half or ricotta, if desired, and a little lemon juice. Top with a dollop of yogurt and sprinkle with choice of chives, basil, parsley, paprika or mint.
Drizzle with olive oil and serve lemon wedges on the side.
Source: The Armenian Mirror-Spectator
- Armenia Enters Uncharted Course of Democracy
- Short and light rain is possible in Yerevan
- Acting defense minister Tonoyan, Rudy Giuliani exchange views on a number of regional and international issues
- NSS has not taken any action against Movsisyan's brothers: Samson Galstyan
- Recipe Corner: Rice, Shrimp and Spinach Salad
- Hayk Marutyan Sworn in as New Yerevan Mayor
- Republicans oppose government’s Electoral Code amendment bill
- Brent oil rises back above $80 as Iran sanctions loom
- Damascus describes US-led coalition’s actions in Raqqa as genocide — SANA
- Armen Sarkissian on three-day Switzerland trip for Crans Montana Forum
- TCA Exhibits Simon Samsonian Paintings in NJ: A Master of Rich Colors, Cityscapes, Portraits, Landscapes and Bold Lines
- Trudeau, Macron Headline Francophonie Summit in Armenia: Armenian Mirror-Spectator
- Extraordinary session kicks off in Parliament
- Eurasian Week International Forum kicks off in Yerevan, Armenia
- Executive Body of the Republican Party of Armenia held a session on the draft Electoral Code
- RA Parliament Deputy Speaker to participate in CSTO PA Council and Plenary sessions
- Putin’s meeting with US national security adviser still being prepared - Kremlin spokesman
- Local polls: Ejmiatsin elects first ever woman mayor in history of Armenia
- Karabakh President attends pomegranate festival in town of Martouni
- Mayor Hayk Marutyan is present at opening of the monument dedicated to Yerevan’s 2800th anniversary
- Yerevan Mayor Hayk Marutyan’s congratulation on the 2800th anniversary of Erebuni-Yerevan foundation
- Aghalarovs spent millions of dollars for Trump's presidency for the latter to act in favor of Azerbaijan
- Free Wi-Fi in all Dubai taxis soon
- Bloomberg: Trump, Putin may meet in November
- A crime that nobody is immune to: it’s high time to think