Recipe Corner: Summer Carrot Casserole
1 pound medium carrots, washed, sliced or diced
3/4 cup milk or half and half
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups shredded or grated Provolone, Swiss or Fontina cheese (or favorite cheese like Jack or cheddar)
2 medium cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1/2 medium green bell pepper, seeded, finely chopped
1/4 cup green onions, chopped or sliced (including green part)
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt (to taste)
1/4 teaspoon each dry mustard and dried dill
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon baking powder
Dash of paprika
3/4 cup panko or coarse bread crumbs
1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1/2 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
Chopped flat-leaf parsley and dill as garnish
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix bread crumbs, one tablespoon melted butter, and nuts together in a medium bowl and set aside.
Boil carrots until tender, drain, mash, and set aside.
Sauté onions, bell pepper, green onions and garlic in 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil for 5-8 minutes, toss, and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the carrots, milk, eggs, cooked vegetables, cheese, and spices together, and mix well.
In a separate large bowl, combine the flour, salt, dry mustard, and baking powder; add the carrot mixture to the dry ingredients, toss, and mix thoroughly.
Turn into a buttered 9 X 13 baking dish and sprinkle with bread crumbs and nut mixture. Dot top of casserole with butter and bake for 35-45 minutes at 350 degrees or until bubbly.
Garnish with chopped parsley and dill before serving.
- President Sarkissian sends condolence letter on Ara Guler’s demise
- An Afternoon of History and Collaboration: Armenian MIrror-Spectator
- S. Korean president set for meeting with Pope Francis
- Arpine Hovhannisyan Receives Delegation Headed by EEAS Managing Director for Europe and Central Asia Thomas Mayr-Harting
- President Armen Sarkissian receives PwC company representatives Save Share
- Recipe Corner: Almond Butter Cookies
- President Bako Sahakyan attended in the solemn event marking the centennial of the Msmna battle
- Rome film fest kicks off
- ADL position on upcoming snap parliamentary elections
- China successfully tests world's largest unmanned transport drone
- Cabinet approves ratification of Armenia-Japan investment liberalization deal
- Pashinyan offers condolences to families of Crimea college attack
- Pashinyan extends condolences over death of Istanbul-Armenian photographer Ara Guler
- Washington Post publishes 'last piece' by missing Saudi journalist Khashoggi
- Hayastan All-Armenian Fundis a great value for our people: it carried out its mission with a great glory
- Armenian President extends condolences over Kerch college attack
- German MP accused of accepting bribes from Azerbaijan: Deutsche Welle
- Armenia improves position in Armenia improves position in Global Competitiveness Index by 2 points
- Last year visitors to Armenia spent over 1.1 billion USD
- Osipyan rules out use of Police’s administrative resource during upcoming parliamentary elections
- Germany to Provide $100 Mln to Develop Syria, Iraq
- Osipyan approves former first deputy police chief Hunan Poghosyan's appointment as Syunik governor
- Russia to expand military-technical cooperation with Mongolia
- Two newborns found alive abandoned in plastic bag in Gyumri
- Renowned Armenian photographer Ara Güler dies