Recipe Corner: Summer Peach Cobbler with Walnuts and Raisins
8 firm, large ripe peaches, washed, peeled and sliced
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup flour
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 medium egg
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2-3 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon each ground cinnamon and nutmeg
1/2 cup each chopped walnuts (or pecans or almonds) and golden raisins (to taste)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place sliced peaches in a buttered baking or casserole dish.
In a medium bowl, beat the egg with lemon juice and vanilla; sift sugar, flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl, and stir until dry and crumbly. Sprinkle this mixture over the peaches.
In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar, walnuts, raisins, cinnamon and nutmeg. Sprinkle mixture over the top of the dish and dot with butter.
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until peaches are bubbly around the edge. Serve with whipped cream, ice cream, or sliced fruit or berries on the side.
- Artsakh is offered to go on the path of voluntarily destroying its own statehood: David Babayan
- NYT: Explosive Device Found in Mailbox at George Soros’s Westchester County Home
- China opens world’s longest sea-crossing bridge
- Obama takes credit for Trump's 'economic miracles'
- Levon Aronian leads in Isle of Man International
- Armenian weightlifter Grigoryan wins silver in Junior European C’ship
- Putin, Erdogan to meet on sidelines of summit on Syria
- Surveillance footage shows Saudi 'body double' in Khashoggi's clothes after he was killed
- NASA posted a photo of a nearly perfect rectangular iceberg, and it's so satisfying to look at
- ¿Habrá una reunión Trump-Aliyev?
- Russia and US may jointly address nuclear deterrence issues, says Russia defense chief
- Vahe Grigoryan does not believe in the Constitutional Court transformation with the current composition of judges
- Ukraine launches complaint against Armenia and Kyrgyzstan at WTO
- Yelk, Tsarukyan factions start petition to re-introduce electoral code bill in special session of parliament
- Armen Sarkissian attends opening of World Investment Forum 2018 in Geneva
- Parliament session kicks off – LIVE
- EAEU countries discussed cooperation issues in Yerevan
- Armenia Enters Uncharted Course of Democracy
- Assimilation of Armenians is taking place in Lebanon: Arman Navasardyan
- International chess tournament TSAGHKADZOR-OPEN kicks off
- Eurasian Economic Week in Yerevan
- Short and light rain is possible in Yerevan
- Acting defense minister Tonoyan, Rudy Giuliani exchange views on a number of regional and international issues
- NSS has not taken any action against Movsisyan's brothers: Samson Galstyan
- Recipe Corner: Rice, Shrimp and Spinach Salad