Goose Feathers Instead of Peacock
Perhaps only Azerbaijanis can present a shameful defeat as heroism. Recently, Azerbaijani TV channel "Karabakh TV" has broadcasted an interview with a military expert, Colonel-Lieutenant Uzeir Jafarov, a participant in the "outstanding horizontal military operation."
The latter connects the horizontal operation with the capture of Lele Teppe, calling them the most successful military action of the Azerbaijani army. Azerbaijanis had been recruiting Horadiz station in 1994. In January, they captured the height of Lele Tepe in 2016, during the April war. There is no logical link between these two events, and their identification may mean that they are unaware of historical facts or more likely to be a simple attempt to re-evaluate the achievements of the Aliyevian era. Indeed, the propaganda for the internal audience is the internal affair of the Azerbaijani authorities, but we think our neighbors would not be hurt from a bit of a historical revision.
Jafarov, in particular, says in his interview that the Armenian army had intended to capture Belga, then to head towards Imishli and so on, but the Azerbaijani military not only managed to overcome Armenians but even managed to liberate 22 settlements. The latter, however, does not consider it necessary to mention that in January 1994 the Azerbaijani army was attacked in the southern direction. Moreover, during the same days, the Azerbaijanis also struck Karvachar, where massive battles took place. General Kristapor Ivanian called the Omar Pass, a unique Stalingrad where Karabakh was lucky. During this period the situation was tense in the front, the best fighting forces were taken to Karvachar, and there was a need to organize additional mobilization in Artsakh.
Due to the unbelievable deeds of the Armenian fighters, the Azerbaijani army's advance was suspended and, moreover, they managed to close the Omar Pass, where two Azerbaijani brigades were blockaded. We don't know the exact number of dead "asciars," but it varies between 2000 and 4000. In these conditions Azerbaijanis, however, managed to achieve some success in the southern direction. And if this is heroism according to the Azeri expert, it can only cause laughter.
"At present, the Azerbaijani army is equipped with modern weapons and is capable of solving any combat issue," said Jafarov. "If we had such powerful weapons at that time we would completely deprive Karabakh." Contradicting Jafarov notes that in 1992-94, the Artsakh Defense Army seized a considerable quantity of armored vehicles, rocket artillery installations and ammunition from the enemy and filling their arsenal with them. He said that by the standards of the time, the Azerbaijani army was well armed, and even he had "left for" Armenians.
Turks say, "Boo meidan, boo shaitan." The April war was an excellent opportunity to get revenge. There was a sufficient amount of modern weapons and veterans of the Karabakh war, but the fact is that just days after the battle was unleashed by Baku, it turned to the Russians for a cease-fire. What did prevent the Jafarers from volunteering on the Karabakh front and fighting with those modern weapons? Or did they get scared? Veterans of Artsakh war and not only veterans were standing beside the Armenian soldiers during the war in April. Maybe the jafarers were terrified of the old guards; they should be...
All nations, no doubt, has the right to be proud of its glorious children. Naturally, the Azerbaijanis did not have marshals, renowned generals during their 100-year history, so there is nothing to be proud of. Instead, they are inventing false legends, by nurturing them and bringing up the new generation. Meanwhile, the falsified story is like a bubbling balloon in the air, and it can pop at any moment from the wind. Instead of a peacock, bringing out feathers of a goose.
Jafarov's speech was merely like that balloon.
- Mayor Hayk Marutyan is present at opening of the monument dedicated to Yerevan’s 2800th anniversary
- Yerevan Mayor Hayk Marutyan’s congratulation on the 2800th anniversary of Erebuni-Yerevan foundation
- Aghalarovs spent millions of dollars for Trump's presidency for the latter to act in favor of Azerbaijan
- Free Wi-Fi in all Dubai taxis soon
- Bloomberg: Trump, Putin may meet in November
- A crime that nobody is immune to: it’s high time to think
- Saudi Arabia arrests 18 Saudis, saying Khashoggi was killed in fight at consulate
- Visiting Lecturer from England Sheds Light on Armenian Origins of English Travel Writer H. F. B. Lynch
- We need to make economic ties in accordance with high level of political relations Pashinyan to Lebanese President
- During the events involved in the celebration of Yerevan’s 2800th anniversary a number of streets will be closed
- Canadian firm to launch production of food additives in Armenia
- Pashinyan arrives in Lebanese presidential palace to meet with President Michel Aoun
- Schedule of “Yerevan 2800” jubilee events
- 523 individuals nommed for 2019 Aurora Prize for Awakening Humanity
- Commemoration of the King St. Theodos and Children of Ephesus
- Armenia’s acting PM arrives in Beirut, Lebanon
- Turkey questions employees of Saudi consulate on Khashoggi
- Anti-money-laundering body gives Iran until February to complete reforms
- First hiking map for Armenia’s Dilijan National Park in the works
- Bolton heading to Moscow to continue discussions that began at Helsinki summit
- Gyumri today
- We should not devalue the freedom we acquired together: Pashinyan:
- Ministry of Diaspora to sign a Memorandum of understanding
- Business sin Armenia should be separated from politics
- Following the elections, current authorities will appear in a very serious situation concerning the Karabakh settlement issue