Sokratis reveals how Mkhitaryan can be one of the best in Premier League
Arsenal defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos says Henrikh Mkhitaryan can be one of the best players in the Premier League if he rediscovers the form of his final season at Borussia Dortmund, Evening Standard reports.
Mkhitaryan scored 23 goals and laid on 32 assists in 52 appearances for the German side in the 2015-16 season, form that convinced Jose Mourinho to bring the Armenian international to Manchester United.
However Mkhitaryan struggled to settle at Old Trafford and only 18 months later moved to Arsenal in a swap deal with Alexis Sanchez. Since that move the 29-year-old has shown flashes of the force he once was, though not yet on a consistent basis.
Papastathopoulos spent three seasons with Mkhitaryan at Dortmund and is well aware of the quality of his former and now present team-mate.
The Greek centre-back, who arrived from Dortmund this summer, told Arsenal Player of Mkhitaryan’s skills: ”With the ball, without the ball, how he works for the team, when he creates, when he returns with the team... it’s just amazing.
"What he showed in his last year in Dortmund, he was one of the best in the Bundesliga. I think he can also be one of the best here in the Premier League.”
Mkhitaryan made 17 appearances for Arsenal last season, scoring three goals and providing six assists.
- TCA Exhibits Simon Samsonian Paintings in NJ: A Master of Rich Colors, Cityscapes, Portraits, Landscapes and Bold Lines
- We have good news from the Venice Commission: Daniel Ioannisyan
- Recipe Corner: Roasted Fall Vegetables
- RA Parliament Deputy Speaker addresses open letter to acting prime minister
- Free-style wrestling team of Armenia goes to Hungary
- With few buyers, Iranian oil armada heads to China ahead of U.S. sanctions
- Armenian national gymnastics team to take part in Doha World Championship
- Russia and Turkey give more time for Idlib deal in Syria: U.N.
- Noted Artsakh filmmaker Don Askarian dies at 69
- Kremlin comments on Putin-Trump 'special relations'
- Dashdondog Bayarsaikhan: ‘Armenian Sources Are Very Important for Mongol Studies’
- “Yerevan: From the Bronze Age to the Capital of Pink Tuff” exhibition to open at History Museum
- Armenia improves position in Armenia improves position in Global Competitiveness Index by 2 points
- Nikol Pashinyan to refer to all state issues in Kapan
- Republicans convene executive body session to discuss early elections
- President Sarkissian sends condolence letter on Ara Guler’s demise
- Who will lead the CSTO after Yuri Khachaturov?
- Macron will not visit Azerbaijan
- An Afternoon of History and Collaboration: Armenian MIrror-Spectator
- S. Korean president set for meeting with Pope Francis
- Arpine Hovhannisyan Receives Delegation Headed by EEAS Managing Director for Europe and Central Asia Thomas Mayr-Harting
- President Armen Sarkissian receives PwC company representatives Save Share
- Recipe Corner: Almond Butter Cookies
- President Bako Sahakyan attended in the solemn event marking the centennial of the Msmna battle
- Rome film fest kicks off