Today is Armenian film director Frunze Dovlatyan’s birthday
“Dovlatyan is one of those film directors whose works become a whole school of life. In his films, he equally demonstrates both historical and contemporary issues, speaking about complicated human relations and problems. I am glad that my career as an actor started with his popular “Hello, it’s me” film”.
Frunze Dovlatyan was born on May 27, 1927 in Gavar, to the family of Vaghinak Dovlatyan, who together with his sister were performing at Gavar theatre.
During 1941-1952 he was an actor of the Azizbekov district’s drama theater and the Armenian drama theater named after Gabriel Sundukyan in Yerevan. Since 1943, he was playing in the movies. In 1947, Dovlatyan graduated from the theatrical studio at the Armenian drama theater, named after G. Sundukyan, in 1959 - the director's department of Gerasimov Institute of Cinematography (Gerasimov’s and Makarova’s workshop).
In 1959-1964, Frunze Dovlatyan worked at the Gorky Film Studio, as well as "Mosfilm". Since 1963 he was the director of the "Armenfilm" studio (from 1986 to 1992 he was also the artistic director).
During 1981-1997, Dovlatyan was head of Yerevan Pedagogical Institute’s (currently, the Armenian State Pedagogical University, named after Khachatur Abovyan) Faculty of Culture.
In 1966-1969, Dovlatyan was First Secretary, since 1969 - the Armenian SSR Union of Cinematographers’ Secretary.
He was also a member of the artistic council of the State Committee for the USSR. Since 1951 Dovlatyan was member of the CPSU(b). and in 1989-1991 - People's Deputy of the USSR.
Frunze Dovlatyan died on August 30 (according to other sources - August 31), 1997. He was buried in Yerevan in the Tohmakh Cemetery.
“Dovlatyan is an author of interesting, delicate, and meaningful creations, not totally young, but always beautiful, with artistic glow and romantic inspiration”.
- Syrian Restaurants in Armenia: A Pinch of Home, A Taste of Exile
- First-ever Armenian-language TV station launches in Turkey
- Аwards ceremony for the winners of 2018/2019 season was held
- Exiled Turkish journalist reunited with family in Germany after 3 years
- Karabakh President visits Askeran, Martakert Regions
- Apple registers 7 Mac notebooks in Eurasian database
- Recipe Corner: Guest Recipe: Baked Spinach and Eggs (Havgitov Spanach)
- Everything you should know about proper nutrition and healthy lifestyle: Lidia Ayvazyan is the guest of Hay Dzayn Today
- Minsk 2019: Lineup of the Armenia Greco-Roman wrestling team
- Pashinyan Faces Traps in and out of Armenia: Armenian Mirror-Spectator
- Yerevan-Tehran roundtrip regular flights launched on June 15
- Yervand Kochar's most famous sculptures
- President Sarkissian congratulated China’s Xi Jinping on birthday
- Armenia's Levon Aronian shares 2nd-3rd spots at Norway Chess
- Today is Republic of Armenia National Flag Day
- 7th Pan-Armenian Summer Games’ torch heads from Turkey’s Van to Karabakh’s Stepanakert
- Today is Armenian prominent sculptor Ervand Kochar’s birthday
- Journalist Deniz Yücel Speaks Out on Arrest in Turkey
- Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon Panossian Gives Kids Smiles in Armenia
- Interview with President Armen Sarkissian: Financial Times of London
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe Leaks То Preview Stunning 6 Series GC Successor
- Vardenis “Andranik” FC won in Armenian youth championship (photos)
- Armenia improves standing in Global Peace Index
- EU will extend Russia sanctions for another year