Earthquake in Azerbaijan also felt in Artsakh
On June 9, at 22:23 local time (18:23 GMT), the seismological network of the Service for Seismic Protection of the Emergencies Ministry of Armenia recorded a 3.1 magnitude earthquake with an epicenter 15 km south-west of the Azerbaijani city of Bard, the press service of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Armenia reports.
The geographical coordinates of the epicenter are 40.250 ° north latitude and 47.030 ° east longitude. The hypocenter of the earthquake was located at a depth of 10 km.
The strength of the aftershocks at the epicenter was 4 points.
According to preliminary data, an earthquake measuring 2-3 points was also felt on the territory of Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabakh Republic, NKR): in the city of Martakert.
- China President arrives in North Korea for first time in 14 years NEW 30 MINUTES AGO
- Boxer Hovhannes Bachkov to be Armenia’s flag-bearer at 2nd European Games inauguration ceremony
- Armenia uses space imaging to map Lake Sevan shore waste cleaning plan
- Pentagon to send Patriot systems, drones and surveillance planes to Middle East
- Samsung to reportedly launch Galaxy Note 10 on Aug. 7
- Constitutional Court President receives Russian Ambassador to Armenia
- YouTube, Universal team up to remaster old iconic music videos
- Iran’s IRGC force shoots down intruding US spy drone
- Trump confirms will meet with Russia’s Putin during G20 summit
- Armenian FM meets US Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs in Washington D.C.
- Iran claims to have downed American UAV
- Celebrating Komitas’ 150th Anniversary in Washington
- On June 23-24 the air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees
- How Modern Literary Publication Is Being Revived in Armenia
- Hundreds Gather in Oakland to Honor Lifelong Athletic Visionary and Leader, Richard Demirjian
- Russian Envoy Warned After Meeting With Kocharyan
- Tehran says Iran, Russia will bolster economic cooperation
- Trump officially announced his decision to run for a second term
- NSS, FFA boss personally shows Vicente del Bosque around Yerevan
- Japanese authorities leave ticket resellers “unemployed”
- Talking about Peace, Worrying about War
- US National Security Adviser John Bolton to meet Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs in Washington D.C.
- Armenia included in Top 5 most delicious countries for Russians
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs meet in Washington D.C. ahead of NK talks
- RA Parliament session continues (live)