Armenian, Russian parliamentarians discuss bilateral military-political cooperation in Yerevan
The lawmakers of the Armenian and Russian parliaments have discussed a number of issues relating to the bilateral cooperation in the military-political field, Sergei Arenin – deputy chair of the Committee on Defense and Security of the Russian Federation Council, told reporters in Yerevan on May 17.
“Everything was done to overcome some barriers of cooperation. I think the meetings were held quite well. The positive mood in our relations, which is the most important, will continue. I think our partners will visit us, we will wait for them in Moscow”, he said.
Chairman of the Armenian parliamentary standing committee on Defense and Security Affairs Andranik Kocharyan stated that such meetings aim at increasing the security component of the countries.
“We do not have any problem with the security. Moreover, we will constantly raise the security component with such meetings because our main security component within the CSTO is within the frames of the Armenian-Russian military-political relations, and we will maintain and strengthen them”, he said.
The Russian Federation Council lawmakers laid flowers at the statue of USSR Marshal Hovhannes Baghramyan and the Eternal Flame in the Victory park.
- Maduro says "traitors" among armed forces should be detained NEW 36 MINUTES AGO
- Today is world-famous Armenian chansonnier Charles Aznavour’s birthday
- Forbes: Armenian among most promising Russians under 30
- Iran's Rouhani: Today's situation isn't suitable for talks, resistance is our only choice: IRNA
- In the daytime of May 22-26 the air temperature will gradually go up by 5-6 degrees
- Russian cinema week kicks off tomorrow in Yerevan
- EXPO FOOD & DRINKS 2019 19th international exhibition to be held in Yerevan on May 24-26
- Grand refurbishment may herald the return of the historic Orient Express
- Google announces a new $999 Glass augmented reality headset
- Armenia: PACE monitors express concern at Prime Minister’s call to block courts
- Sen streams 4K video from space
- Armenians of Moscow will dance Kochari to celebrate anniversaries of Komitas and Tumanyan
- Armenian CB chair Arthur Javadyan leaves for Moscow
- I will always be there for Artur: Garo Paylan
- Chinese were deprived of "Game of Thrones" finale due to trade war with the US
- MFA: Azerbaijani authorities' attitude towards Armenian fans questions holding of Europa League in Baku
- Ukraine urges U.S. to increase sanctions on Russia
- World's biggest cave is even bigger than previously thought
- OSCE MG Co-Chairs to visit region
- RA MFA spokesperson on CSTO Secretary General appointment
- World Cup: Lineup of Armenia shooting team known
- AI diagnoses lung cancer better than specialist doctors
- Greco-Roman wrestlers leaving for Kazakhstan
- RA MFA spokesperson Anna Naghdalyan's briefing (live)
- Edmond Azadian Feted in Metro Detroit Event