Simon Martirosyan becomes world champion
Member of the Armenian weightlifting team, Simon Martirosyan becomes world champion during the championship in Turkmenistan.
In the snatch exercise Martirosyan raised 190 kg at the first approach, 195 kg at the second approach and 197 kg at the third approach which could become a world record but the referees did not count the approach.
Martirosyan raised 230 kg in the pull exercise, which is a world record.
In the second approach he raised 240 kg and set the second record. The Armenian weightlifter did not approach the 3rd time.
Simon Martirosyan became world champion at the age of 21 raising 435 kg in total.
- Today is the Armenian cinema founder Hamo Beknazarian’s birthday
- Primate Findikyan Refocuses Direction of Eastern Diocese, Assembly Covers Wide-ranging Issues
- Recipe Corner: Faloodeh or Paludeh ye Shirazi
- Trump may replace Green Card with "Build America" visa
- Syrian air defenses "activated over suspected Israeli airstrikes"
- Court orders release of ex-President Robert Kocharyan
- IMF OKs $250 mln stand-by arrangement for Armenia
- Risks and danger of high cholesterol levels
- Cadence Ensemble Performed Gomidas and Other Armenian Works in Washington (video)
- Europe Day events in Armenia will culminate in Yerevan on May 26
- Oil Prices Down
- Yerevan subway to operate on heightened mode today
- Vigil and Commemoration in Berlin
- Today is International Museum Day
- A Year after the Velvet Revolution
- In the daytime of May 17 the air temperature will increase by 1-2 degrees
- Armenia, Iraq joining forces to curb terrorists’ use of high techs
- Pashinyan intends to meet with Putin at SPIEF-2019
- Various events to be held in Matenadaran within Museum Day
- Chinese FM to visit Armenia
- Political prisoner Sevan Nisanyan granted Armenian citizenship two years after escaping Turkish prison
- US cuts Turkish steel tariffs by half to 25% : FT
- Belarusian cultural delegation visits Armenian Genocide Memorial in Yerevan
- Olympic future of boxing to be decided on May 22
- Armenian, Russian parliamentarians discuss bilateral military-political cooperation in Yerevan