Acropolis of Athens to be closed for tourists because of heat
Athens Acropolis will be closed to visitors on Thursday and Friday from 13.00 to 17.00, because of heat, the Ministry of Culture and Sports of Greece reports.
The Office of Antiquities of Athens closes an archaeological monument, since, according to the forecast of the National Meteorological Service, the air temperature will exceed 40 degrees.
Visitors who bought electronic tickets for these dates and hours are asked to contact the sales service by email.
Throughout the territory of Greece, on July 4 and 5, according to meteorologists, the temperature will rise to 38-40 degrees.
The Acropolis in Athens is the most visited archaeological site in Greece. In 2018, it was visited by 3.15 million people. The most popular museum is the Acropolis Museum - 1.8 million people visited it.
- Fish Cutlets Recipe
- Much of the world will be able to see a partial lunar eclipse
- Zelensky intends to replace ambassadors in Armenia, US and Vatican
- Over the next 5 days, a high risk of fire is predicted in the valleys and foothills of the Republic
- Exhibition of Armenian Old Printed Books
- S-400 systems pose no threat to NATO, Turkish top diplomat says
- Armenian Speaker of Parliament touches upon sanctions on Iran during discussion in US
- 6.1 magnitude quake strikes south of Indonesia’s Bali
- Armenia FM to pay working visit to US
- Council of Europe to assist Armenia in revising national youth strategy
- President of Artsakh chairs Cabinet meeting
- Interdepartmental Committee on Development of Armenian National Security Strategy created
- Armenian Ambassador Tigran Mkrtchyan’s interview published at The Baltic Times
- Greece leads ranking of "Best islands of Europe" according to Travel and Leisure magazine
- Pakistan re-opens airspace for civil aviation
- Europe to choose best young athlete
- Aeroflot Magazine devoted pages to Armenia
- Armenian PM’s wife attends charity performance in Yerevan Puppet Theatre
- Erdogan announced Turkey’s plans to establish joint production of air defense systems with Russia
- PM Pashinyan’s spokesperson comments on Venice Commission protocol
- Ryanair, WizzAir “ready to fly to Armenia if departure tax is dropped”
- Ambassador: Russia respects events underway in Armenia
- Arshak Chopanyan and issues of ancient Armenian literature
- Nutritionist shares top 5 tips to lose weight
- President Sarkissian visits Megerian Carpet in Yerevan