Artsakh’s president Bako Sahakyan, ex-president Arkadi Ghukasyan present personal guarantees in court for Kocharyan’s release
President of Artsakh Bako Sahakyan and ex-President Arkadi Ghukasyan arrived in the Yerevan court where former President of Armenia Robert Kocharyan is on trial.
They reaffirmed their personal guarantees presented for Kocharyan’s release.
The guarantee letter reads: “Taking into account the contribution of First President of Artsakh and Second President of Armenia Robert Kocharyan to the development of the two Armenian republics, his great investment in the Artsakh war and the Armenian army-building, we guarantee that in case of stopping Robert Kocharyan’s detention, the latter will demonstrate a proper behavior, will not hinder the investigation of the case, will not avoid appearing to the body conducting the criminal proceedings and will not take an action that is unauthorized by the Criminal Code. We guarantee his appearance in court during the whole trial and implementation of judicial duties, therefore we ask to replace the current detention with a precautionary measure not linked with detention”.
- Celebrating Komitas’ 150th Anniversary in Washington
- On June 23-24 the air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees
- How Modern Literary Publication Is Being Revived in Armenia
- Hundreds Gather in Oakland to Honor Lifelong Athletic Visionary and Leader, Richard Demirjian
- Russian Envoy Warned After Meeting With Kocharyan
- Tehran says Iran, Russia will bolster economic cooperation
- Trump officially announced his decision to run for a second term
- NSS, FFA boss personally shows Vicente del Bosque around Yerevan
- Japanese authorities leave ticket resellers “unemployed”
- Talking about Peace, Worrying about War
- US National Security Adviser John Bolton to meet Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs in Washington D.C.
- Armenia included in Top 5 most delicious countries for Russians
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs meet in Washington D.C. ahead of NK talks
- RA Parliament session continues (live)
- Today is World Sauntering Day
- UN Secretary-General urged not to waste a minute in addressing climate crisis
- Short-term rain and thunderstorm is expected
- Trump says U.S. agency will begin removing millions of illegal immigrants: Reuters
- U.S. says could sanction Turkish defense firms beyond F-35 suppliers: Reuters
- Leonard Cohen love letters fetch $876,000 at auction
- Qualifying stage of "K-pop World Festival 2019 in Armenia" was held in Yerevan
- Tokyo 2020 medal podiums to be made of recycled plastic
- Center for Armenian journalist Dink's memory opened in Istanbul
- Ex-head of UEFA Platini arrested
- Recipe Corner: Fresh Sautéed Spinach and Vegetable Salad