Olympic future of boxing to be decided on May 22
The last round of talks between the International Boxing Association (AIBA) and the International Olympic Committee (IOC) on keeping amateur boxing in the program of the 32nd Olympic Games in Tokyo will be held on May 22.
The final decision as well as the organization that will hold the boxing tournament at Tokyo 2020 will become known at a session of the IOC Executive Board in Lausanne on May 22.
A special attention will be paid to the audit report in the AIBA made by the IOC. The IOC is greatly concerned with the AIBA financial and governance problems. In the worst-case scenario the AIBA will be deprived of the IOC’s recognition.
“We want to keep boxing in the Tokyo Olympic Games program. The question is if the AIBA is going to hold the boxing tournament or we have to seek another organization. Anyway, the organization of a sporting event is a rocket contruction and we will cope with it,” IOC president Thomas Bach said.
- Maduro says "traitors" among armed forces should be detained NEW 41 MINUTES AGO
- Today is world-famous Armenian chansonnier Charles Aznavour’s birthday
- Forbes: Armenian among most promising Russians under 30
- Iran's Rouhani: Today's situation isn't suitable for talks, resistance is our only choice: IRNA
- In the daytime of May 22-26 the air temperature will gradually go up by 5-6 degrees
- Russian cinema week kicks off tomorrow in Yerevan
- EXPO FOOD & DRINKS 2019 19th international exhibition to be held in Yerevan on May 24-26
- Grand refurbishment may herald the return of the historic Orient Express
- Google announces a new $999 Glass augmented reality headset
- Armenia: PACE monitors express concern at Prime Minister’s call to block courts
- Sen streams 4K video from space
- Armenians of Moscow will dance Kochari to celebrate anniversaries of Komitas and Tumanyan
- Armenian CB chair Arthur Javadyan leaves for Moscow
- I will always be there for Artur: Garo Paylan
- Chinese were deprived of "Game of Thrones" finale due to trade war with the US
- MFA: Azerbaijani authorities' attitude towards Armenian fans questions holding of Europa League in Baku
- Ukraine urges U.S. to increase sanctions on Russia
- World's biggest cave is even bigger than previously thought
- OSCE MG Co-Chairs to visit region
- RA MFA spokesperson on CSTO Secretary General appointment
- World Cup: Lineup of Armenia shooting team known
- AI diagnoses lung cancer better than specialist doctors
- Greco-Roman wrestlers leaving for Kazakhstan
- RA MFA spokesperson Anna Naghdalyan's briefing (live)
- Edmond Azadian Feted in Metro Detroit Event