First trailer for the live-action remake of Disney's 'Mulan' published
The first trailer for Disney's "Mulan" live-action remake is here.
Fans got a preview of the upcoming film during the World Cup final game. The trailer starts out with Mulan's family delivering the news that a matchmaker has found her an auspicious match. By the end, she's wielding swords and shooting arrows like the fierce warrior we know her to be.
The remake is based on the 1998 animated movie about a Chinese woman who disguises herself as a warrior to spare her father from joining the military. The original film grossed more than $300 million worldwide.
The new "Mulan" is directed by Niki Caro, who most recently directed "The Zookeeper's Wife." Chinese actress Liu Yifei, also known as Crystal Liu, will play the title role, and Jet Li will play the emperor of China.
In a twist on the original film, the remake will feature some new characters while losing a few old favorites.
New Zealand actor Yoson An will play Chen Honghui, who becomes Mulan's most important ally and eventual love interest, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Mulan's original love interest, Li Shang, and her sidekick Mushu are reportedly out.
"Mulan" will be in theaters March 2020.
Source: CNN Entertainment
- Ryanair, WizzAir “ready to fly to Armenia if departure tax is dropped”
- Ambassador: Russia respects events underway in Armenia
- Arshak Chopanyan and issues of ancient Armenian literature
- Nutritionist shares top 5 tips to lose weight
- President Sarkissian visits Megerian Carpet in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Layered Middle Eastern Mazza (or Salad)
- Tekeyan Cultural Association, Inc. Dr. Nubar Berberian Annual Awards
- Mkhitaryan meets with Armenian community in LA
- Iranian military aircraft spotted at Hama Airbase in Syria
- I wish 'Golden Apricot' further rotting: David Sahakyants
- Wetting is not mandatory, therefore, the authorities agreed to abandon this idea: Arpine Hovhannisyan
- Daron Acemoglu named MIT Institute Professor
- Arshak Chopanyan's activities as an ADL member
- Swiss scientists predict climate similar to Tashkent for Yerevan in 30 years
- Erdogan announced sending 100 people to Russia for learning how to work with S-400
- Armenian team won 5 medals at International Physics Olympiad
- EU foreign ministers to discuss situation around Iran
- 152 demonstrators detained in Paris
- Today is Armenian renowned writer, literary critic Arshak Chobanian's birthday
- In separate regions short-term rain and thunderstorm is predicted
- Deputy Armenian PM traveling to New York for UN Political Forum
- Armenia’s Health Ministry calls to refrain from swimming in some areas of Lake Sevan
- 5 foods that accelerate aging study
- Turkey dollar bonds extend falls on U.S. sanction worries: Reuters
- 90 ceasefire violations by Azerbaijan registered in past week