Two Armenians injured in bombing in Syria's Kessab
The relative calm in the predominantly Armenian-populated Syrian city of Kessab was shattered when two Armenians reportedly were among the injured in a bombing of a village in Kessab on Monday.
The Aleppo-based Kandzasar newspaper reported that a terrorist organization launched rockets, three of which landed in the Esguran village at around 5:30 p.m. local time.
The two injured Armenians were immediately taken to a hospital in Latakia and both reportedly were in stable condition.
At the height of the Syrian civil war, Kessab became the target of a brutal attack by the Islamic State and other extremist forces, who were aided by Turkey. The March, 2014 attack on Kessab forced the entire population to flee the seaside city, which is part of Historic Armenia.
- Armenian parliament approves 2018 budget implementation report
- On June 23-25 the air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- China President arrives in North Korea for first time in 14 years
- Boxer Hovhannes Bachkov to be Armenia’s flag-bearer at 2nd European Games inauguration ceremony
- Armenia uses space imaging to map Lake Sevan shore waste cleaning plan
- Pentagon to send Patriot systems, drones and surveillance planes to Middle East
- Samsung to reportedly launch Galaxy Note 10 on Aug. 7
- Constitutional Court President receives Russian Ambassador to Armenia
- YouTube, Universal team up to remaster old iconic music videos
- Iran’s IRGC force shoots down intruding US spy drone
- Trump confirms will meet with Russia’s Putin during G20 summit
- Armenian FM meets US Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs in Washington D.C.
- Iran claims to have downed American UAV
- Celebrating Komitas’ 150th Anniversary in Washington
- On June 23-24 the air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees
- How Modern Literary Publication Is Being Revived in Armenia
- Hundreds Gather in Oakland to Honor Lifelong Athletic Visionary and Leader, Richard Demirjian
- Russian Envoy Warned After Meeting With Kocharyan
- Tehran says Iran, Russia will bolster economic cooperation
- Trump officially announced his decision to run for a second term
- NSS, FFA boss personally shows Vicente del Bosque around Yerevan
- Japanese authorities leave ticket resellers “unemployed”
- Talking about Peace, Worrying about War
- US National Security Adviser John Bolton to meet Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs in Washington D.C.
- Armenia included in Top 5 most delicious countries for Russians