Today is Lusine Zakaryan's birthday
Today is Lusine Zakaryan's birthday.
Lusine Zakaryan (Arm: Լուսինե Զաքարյան, born Svetlana Apetovna Zakaryan; June 1, 1937, Akhaltsikhe, Georgian SSR – December 30, 1992, Yerevan, Armenia), was an Armenian operatic soprano. From 1970 to 1983 Zakaryan was a soloist with the symphony orchestra of Armenian TV and Radio. She also sang in the choir of the Armenian Apostolic Church's Holy See at the Echmiadzin Cathedral, and it is for her magnificent renditions of centuries-old Armenian spiritual hymns that she is now most remembered for.
Zakaryan grew up in the Samtskhe-Javakheti region of southern Georgia. In 1952 she moved with her family to Yerevan, where she attended a secondary music school. She entered the Yerevan State Musical Conservatory in 1957 and her singing talent soon became clear.
She began her professional career in 1962, and in a very short time her fame spread and extended outside of Armenia. Soon after she embarked upon international tours that took her to Europe, Canada, the United States, Argentina, Uruguay and the Middle East. Lusine's repertoire was extensive; she sang in 15 languages, with a varied and rich selection of works by Bach, Handel, Mozart, Verdi, Schubert and many other Western composers. Zakaryan was awarded the title of People's Artist of the USSR in 1972, and her recordings have been included in various music libraries worldwide. Lusine Zakaryan died of severe illness on December 30, 1992 in Yerevan, Armenia. Since the government did not permit her funeral to be performed in Komitas' Park Pantheon, by Catholicos Vazgen I's consent her body was buried in Etchmiadzin's St. Gayane church yard cemetery on January 2, 1993, where the tomb of the magnificent singer is located now.
- Syrian Restaurants in Armenia: A Pinch of Home, A Taste of Exile
- First-ever Armenian-language TV station launches in Turkey
- Аwards ceremony for the winners of 2018/2019 season was held
- Exiled Turkish journalist reunited with family in Germany after 3 years
- Karabakh President visits Askeran, Martakert Regions
- Apple registers 7 Mac notebooks in Eurasian database
- Recipe Corner: Guest Recipe: Baked Spinach and Eggs (Havgitov Spanach)
- Everything you should know about proper nutrition and healthy lifestyle: Lidia Ayvazyan is the guest of Hay Dzayn Today
- Minsk 2019: Lineup of the Armenia Greco-Roman wrestling team
- Pashinyan Faces Traps in and out of Armenia: Armenian Mirror-Spectator
- Yerevan-Tehran roundtrip regular flights launched on June 15
- Yervand Kochar's most famous sculptures
- President Sarkissian congratulated China’s Xi Jinping on birthday
- Armenia's Levon Aronian shares 2nd-3rd spots at Norway Chess
- Today is Republic of Armenia National Flag Day
- 7th Pan-Armenian Summer Games’ torch heads from Turkey’s Van to Karabakh’s Stepanakert
- Today is Armenian prominent sculptor Ervand Kochar’s birthday
- Journalist Deniz Yücel Speaks Out on Arrest in Turkey
- Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon Panossian Gives Kids Smiles in Armenia
- Interview with President Armen Sarkissian: Financial Times of London
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe Leaks То Preview Stunning 6 Series GC Successor
- Vardenis “Andranik” FC won in Armenian youth championship (photos)
- Armenia improves standing in Global Peace Index
- EU will extend Russia sanctions for another year