Relative stability at Azerbaijan border, says Armenian defense chief
The situation at the border with Azerbaijan on June 13th and yesterday is relatively stable, Armenian Minister of Defense Davit Tonoyan told reporters in parliament today when asked to brief on the situation both at the Artsakh-Azerbaijan LoC and the Armenian-Azerbaijan border.
“At this moment, the situation is stable according to yesterday’s and today’s reports,” Tonoyan said.
He said there is no direct threat of war at the moment.
Asked about Artsakh’s earlier statement on Azerbaijan’s increased UAV flights, Tonoyan said “our UAVs are also flying along the entire border”.
- Russian Envoy Warned After Meeting With Kocharyan
- Tehran says Iran, Russia will bolster economic cooperation
- Trump officially announced his decision to run for a second term
- NSS, FFA boss personally shows Vicente del Bosque around Yerevan
- Japanese authorities leave ticket resellers “unemployed”
- Talking about Peace, Worrying about War
- US National Security Adviser John Bolton to meet Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs in Washington D.C.
- Armenia included in Top 5 most delicious countries for Russians
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs meet in Washington D.C. ahead of NK talks
- RA Parliament session continues (live)
- Today is World Sauntering Day
- UN Secretary-General urged not to waste a minute in addressing climate crisis
- Short-term rain and thunderstorm is expected
- Trump says U.S. agency will begin removing millions of illegal immigrants: Reuters
- U.S. says could sanction Turkish defense firms beyond F-35 suppliers: Reuters
- Leonard Cohen love letters fetch $876,000 at auction
- Qualifying stage of "K-pop World Festival 2019 in Armenia" was held in Yerevan
- Tokyo 2020 medal podiums to be made of recycled plastic
- Center for Armenian journalist Dink's memory opened in Istanbul
- Ex-head of UEFA Platini arrested
- Recipe Corner: Fresh Sautéed Spinach and Vegetable Salad
- I will no longer manage to duly fulfill the job of delegation leader at EuroNest: Mkhitar Hayrapetyan
- Postcard dedicated to Council of Europe cancelled in Armenia
- Artur Hovhannisyan filled in vacated seat in parliament
- Yerevan hosts annual meeting of Hayastan All-Armenian Fund Board of Trustees