EU-Armenia relations will further deepen and intensify: Armen Sarkissian met with Donald Tusk
President of Armenia Armen Sarkissian received President of the European Council Donald Tusk on July 10, the Presidential Office told Armenpress.
Welcoming Mr. Tusk’s visit to Armenia, President Sakissian expressed confidence that he will enjoy his trip especially that Armenia is the country that shares the European values.
“Armenia not only signed an agreement with the European Union, but also is the country which is deeply European especially from cultural terms and has always been so. Therefore, it’s more than natural that we are coming closer to the EU. Armenia has always been the cradle of the European values, starting from our religion, culture up to literature and music”, he said.
Coming to the Armenia-EU ties, Armen Sarkissian expressed confidence that these relations will further deepen and intensify with the EU in the future. “We have a great potential for that”, the Armenian President said and invited Donald Tusk to visit Armenia also with his family.
In his turn the European Council President thanked for the warm welcome and informed that this is his third visit Armenia. “I feel myself like at home”, he said.
During their talk President Sarkissian and Donald Tusk exchanged views on a number of issues of the Armenia-EU agenda, as well as touched upon the cooperation in different areas.
- Fish Cutlets Recipe
- Much of the world will be able to see a partial lunar eclipse
- Zelensky intends to replace ambassadors in Armenia, US and Vatican
- Over the next 5 days, a high risk of fire is predicted in the valleys and foothills of the Republic
- Exhibition of Armenian Old Printed Books
- S-400 systems pose no threat to NATO, Turkish top diplomat says
- Armenian Speaker of Parliament touches upon sanctions on Iran during discussion in US
- 6.1 magnitude quake strikes south of Indonesia’s Bali
- Armenia FM to pay working visit to US
- Council of Europe to assist Armenia in revising national youth strategy
- President of Artsakh chairs Cabinet meeting
- Interdepartmental Committee on Development of Armenian National Security Strategy created
- Armenian Ambassador Tigran Mkrtchyan’s interview published at The Baltic Times
- Greece leads ranking of "Best islands of Europe" according to Travel and Leisure magazine
- Pakistan re-opens airspace for civil aviation
- Europe to choose best young athlete
- Aeroflot Magazine devoted pages to Armenia
- Armenian PM’s wife attends charity performance in Yerevan Puppet Theatre
- Erdogan announced Turkey’s plans to establish joint production of air defense systems with Russia
- PM Pashinyan’s spokesperson comments on Venice Commission protocol
- Ryanair, WizzAir “ready to fly to Armenia if departure tax is dropped”
- Ambassador: Russia respects events underway in Armenia
- Arshak Chopanyan and issues of ancient Armenian literature
- Nutritionist shares top 5 tips to lose weight
- President Sarkissian visits Megerian Carpet in Yerevan