Armenia to provide humanitarian aid to flood victims in Iran
Armenia will provide assistance to Iranian citizens affected by the flood. The head of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Armenia Felix Tsolakyan stated this at the government session on Friday.
The number of flood victims in the provinces of Iran has already reached 44 people. Because of the disaster in some regions of the country, roads are unavailable, infrastructure and buildings are damaged, and there are problems with transport communication.
The Emergency Situations Minister said that he had met with the Iranian ambassador to Armenia the day before. The parties agreed to provide assistance to the Iranian side.
"We are sending assistance through the Armenian-Russian humanitarian response center. We will also send technical equipment, vehicles, rescue groups," - Tsolakyan added.
For efficiency, the minister proposed to settle the issue by a decision not by the government, but by the Armenian prime minister.
- Armenian parliament approves 2018 budget implementation report
- On June 23-25 the air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- China President arrives in North Korea for first time in 14 years
- Boxer Hovhannes Bachkov to be Armenia’s flag-bearer at 2nd European Games inauguration ceremony
- Armenia uses space imaging to map Lake Sevan shore waste cleaning plan
- Pentagon to send Patriot systems, drones and surveillance planes to Middle East
- Samsung to reportedly launch Galaxy Note 10 on Aug. 7
- Constitutional Court President receives Russian Ambassador to Armenia
- YouTube, Universal team up to remaster old iconic music videos
- Iran’s IRGC force shoots down intruding US spy drone
- Trump confirms will meet with Russia’s Putin during G20 summit
- Armenian FM meets US Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs in Washington D.C.
- Iran claims to have downed American UAV
- Celebrating Komitas’ 150th Anniversary in Washington
- On June 23-24 the air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees
- How Modern Literary Publication Is Being Revived in Armenia
- Hundreds Gather in Oakland to Honor Lifelong Athletic Visionary and Leader, Richard Demirjian
- Russian Envoy Warned After Meeting With Kocharyan
- Tehran says Iran, Russia will bolster economic cooperation
- Trump officially announced his decision to run for a second term
- NSS, FFA boss personally shows Vicente del Bosque around Yerevan
- Japanese authorities leave ticket resellers “unemployed”
- Talking about Peace, Worrying about War
- US National Security Adviser John Bolton to meet Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs in Washington D.C.
- Armenia included in Top 5 most delicious countries for Russians