Mother university of Armenia is 100 years old
Today, Yerevan State University celebrates its 100th anniversary.
Yerevan State University was founded on May 16, 1919. Its faculties contain 110 departments. Of its 3150 employees, 1190 comprise the teaching staff which includes 25 academicians, 130 professors, 700 docents (associate professors), and 360 assistant lecturers. The Rector of Yerevan State University is Aram Simonyan. The university has 400 researchers, 250 post-graduate students, and 9500 undergraduates, including 300 students from abroad. Instruction is in Armenian, but instruction in Russian and English for foreign students is arranged according to need. The academic year is from September 1 through June 30.
In 2005 a new compound of the Yerevan State University with the yard and auxiliary buildings was built in Abovian Street near the oldest building of the university built in 1922. It was erected on the place of the old sports complex and the auxiliary buildings and keeps in line with all modern criteria. The new building has three stories, about 70 rooms, chairs and deans' offices. It is envisaged for 1500 students of philosophy, psychology and philology faculties. As Sargis Shahazizian, pro-rector of the Yerevan State University, stated
"We want to decrease the congestion of the buildings. There are buildings that aren't capable of standing the large number of students"
The financial assistance was rendered by the U.S. Union of Yerevan State University's Friends, RA Government and the University. The construction works cost about $1,5 million and the bigger part of the financial sources were allocated by the Yerevan State University.
The Yerevan State University also envisages to renovate its resorts in Dilijan. The graduate students of the university will gather and the administration of the university plans to accumulate the required sum to replace the old cottages of the resort with new ones as soon as possible.
- Syrian Restaurants in Armenia: A Pinch of Home, A Taste of Exile
- First-ever Armenian-language TV station launches in Turkey
- Аwards ceremony for the winners of 2018/2019 season was held
- Exiled Turkish journalist reunited with family in Germany after 3 years
- Karabakh President visits Askeran, Martakert Regions
- Apple registers 7 Mac notebooks in Eurasian database
- Recipe Corner: Guest Recipe: Baked Spinach and Eggs (Havgitov Spanach)
- Everything you should know about proper nutrition and healthy lifestyle: Lidia Ayvazyan is the guest of Hay Dzayn Today
- Minsk 2019: Lineup of the Armenia Greco-Roman wrestling team
- Pashinyan Faces Traps in and out of Armenia: Armenian Mirror-Spectator
- Yerevan-Tehran roundtrip regular flights launched on June 15
- Yervand Kochar's most famous sculptures
- President Sarkissian congratulated China’s Xi Jinping on birthday
- Armenia's Levon Aronian shares 2nd-3rd spots at Norway Chess
- Today is Republic of Armenia National Flag Day
- 7th Pan-Armenian Summer Games’ torch heads from Turkey’s Van to Karabakh’s Stepanakert
- Today is Armenian prominent sculptor Ervand Kochar’s birthday
- Journalist Deniz Yücel Speaks Out on Arrest in Turkey
- Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon Panossian Gives Kids Smiles in Armenia
- Interview with President Armen Sarkissian: Financial Times of London
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe Leaks То Preview Stunning 6 Series GC Successor
- Vardenis “Andranik” FC won in Armenian youth championship (photos)
- Armenia improves standing in Global Peace Index
- EU will extend Russia sanctions for another year