What can we expect from another military exercise of Azerbaijan?
Azerbaijan and Turkey will hold joint exercises in Nakhichevan on June 7. This is the fourth exercise in the last three months and the second joint one. Only in May, Azerbaijan held military exercises twice, once with the active participation of the Turkish Armed Forces.
And the day before, an Armenian soldier was killed by an enemy sniper shot. Earlier, the Artsakh Defense Army reported that the Azerbaijani side violated the cease-fire 3,500 times.
However, the tough statement of the RA Foreign Ministry condemning the deliberate steps taken by Azerbaijan towards aggravating the situation, although it was very appropriate, nevertheless, did not change anything. As before, the Azerbaijani side violated the cease-fire. However, the danger lies in the fact that, along with numerous violations of the cease-fire regime, the enemy sharply increased the number of large-scale military exercises conducted.
These exercises are conducted with the active participation of Turkish military units. Their involvement in joint exercises is a clear message to Armenia, that in the event of a possible start of hostilities, they will act together.
Thus, Azerbaijan and Turkey show that the ring around Armenia is shrinking, that they are not going to make any concessions and are not ready for a peaceful settlement of the conflict. Thus, the theses on a peaceful settlement are just statements by the co-chair countries - Russia, the United States, France, and in fact one of the conflicting parties is actively preparing for war.
This entire is happening against the background of a deepening split in Armenian society, when artificial discourses are introduced into circulation regarding theses of the Armenian-Karabakh and so on. It is clear that all this is being done to split our society, sow an atmosphere of hatred and distrust.
Unfortunately, it is worth noting that this policy has already yielded certain “results”: distrust is growing against the background of activating military exercises of the enemy. Armenians, more than ever, need unity, strong army in order to preserve the inviolability of our borders.
Centuries have passed, but this formula of unity and solidarity of Armenians has remained unchanged to this day.
- We and the portrait of Dorian Gray
- Syrian-Armenian artist Kevork Mourad to create six-meter hanging sculpture of Babel
- Prevention of genocide remains challenged, Armenia tells UN
- Real offer 130 million euros for Neymar ... plus Rodriguez or Bale
- Study shows vacation is good for the heart
- An Armenian's feat in Brest Fortress defense: Russian Defense Ministry's archive materials
- Armenia announces call for applications for Junior Eurovision 2019
- Armenia to hold international festival on Tigran Mansuryan's 80th birthday
- Armenian President meets famous American theoretical physicist, Nobel laureate Kip Thorn in Zurich
- The first in the history Talysh library to open in YSU
- Topics of the talks between Putin and Trump at G20 summit announced
- Delegation led by defense minister participates in Army 2019 International Military- Technical Forum in Russia
- Iranian Foreign Ministry: US forever closed the path of diplomacy
- President proposes to hold 6th STARMUS Festival in Armenia
- Armenia national detained during Tbilisi demonstrations is released
- Armenia has it all: Rosturizm on alternative to Georgia
- Azerbaijani FM’s claims are of non-constructive nature and devalue the seriousness of the peace process: MFA spokesperson
- Winter Olympics 2026 to be held in Italy
- US announced sanctions against Iranian FM
- Zohrab Mnatsakanyan's speech at 41st session of UN Human Rights Council
- President of Artsakh holds consultation on establishment of Investigation Committee
- Armenia Defense Ministry, Hi-Tech Cyber Security Center launch contest
- ADL and ARFD members held an inter-party meeting
- Opening of Charles Aznavour square in Chaville (PHOTOS)
- Three habits increasing risk of cancer