Iranian parliament ratifies interim agreement on free trade zone with EEU
The Iranian Parliament on Monday ratified a temporary agreement on a free trade zone (FTA) with the Eurasian Economic Union (EEU), RIA Novosti reports.
The EEU countries and Iran signed a temporary agreement on the creation of a free trade zone during the Astana Economic Forum on May 17, 2018. It is designed for three years and provides for the formation of an FTA on a limited range of goods between the EEU and Iran.
According to the terms of the agreement, not later than one year after its entry into force, the parties undertake to begin negotiations to conclude a full-fledged free trade agreement. The implementation of the agreement will contribute to an increase in the volume of trade and the development of economic ties between its participants, an increase in the supply of Russian industrial and agricultural products to Iran.
The document forms the basic rules of trade between the EEU and Iran, as close as possible to the rules of the WTO, also covers issues of the most favored nation and national treatment, the application of protective measures and customs administration.
The Eurasian Economic Union (EEU) was established on the basis of the Customs Union and the Common Economic Space and has been operating since January 1, 2015. The members of the EEU are Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Russia and Kyrgyzstan.
- Syrian Restaurants in Armenia: A Pinch of Home, A Taste of Exile
- First-ever Armenian-language TV station launches in Turkey
- Аwards ceremony for the winners of 2018/2019 season was held
- Exiled Turkish journalist reunited with family in Germany after 3 years
- Karabakh President visits Askeran, Martakert Regions
- Apple registers 7 Mac notebooks in Eurasian database
- Recipe Corner: Guest Recipe: Baked Spinach and Eggs (Havgitov Spanach)
- Everything you should know about proper nutrition and healthy lifestyle: Lidia Ayvazyan is the guest of Hay Dzayn Today
- Minsk 2019: Lineup of the Armenia Greco-Roman wrestling team
- Pashinyan Faces Traps in and out of Armenia: Armenian Mirror-Spectator
- Yerevan-Tehran roundtrip regular flights launched on June 15
- Yervand Kochar's most famous sculptures
- President Sarkissian congratulated China’s Xi Jinping on birthday
- Armenia's Levon Aronian shares 2nd-3rd spots at Norway Chess
- Today is Republic of Armenia National Flag Day
- 7th Pan-Armenian Summer Games’ torch heads from Turkey’s Van to Karabakh’s Stepanakert
- Today is Armenian prominent sculptor Ervand Kochar’s birthday
- Journalist Deniz Yücel Speaks Out on Arrest in Turkey
- Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon Panossian Gives Kids Smiles in Armenia
- Interview with President Armen Sarkissian: Financial Times of London
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe Leaks То Preview Stunning 6 Series GC Successor
- Vardenis “Andranik” FC won in Armenian youth championship (photos)
- Armenia improves standing in Global Peace Index
- EU will extend Russia sanctions for another year