Life in Artsakh Mets Tagher village
Even if you have never been to Artsakh, you must have heard about the amazing nature and picturesque places of this region, and if you have, you definitely miss Artsakh, Stepanakert, and any district or village you have visited.
Mets Tagher village in Hadrut region, located 60 km from Stepanakert, seems to be only a small fragment of these picturesque landscapes, all the colors and shades of all the palettes of nature are condensed here.
Mets Tagher is surrounded with wooded mountains.
As of 1841, 698 people lived in the village. Later, the population continued to grow, and in 1914 reached a maximum of 3,500 people. According to the 2005 census, 1,411 people live in the village.
Today there is a kindergarten and a school in Mets Tagher named after Marshal Armenak Khanperyants. As of September 1, 2013, there are 232 students in the school.
The village also has a museum of Marshal Armenak Khanperyants.
About 400 residents took part in the Artsakh Liberation War, 45 of who died.
In 2012, a memorial in honor of those killed in the Artsakh war was opened in the village.
We could not leave the village without visiting the sacred place called Gregory the Illuminator. The road was difficult, but the final destination was a wonderful landscape of the village that appeared in all its glory.
- On July 26-27 the air temperature will go down by 3-4 degrees NEW 6 MINUTES AGO
- Britain weighs response to Iran Gulf crisis with few good options
- Most harmful to tooth enamel drinks named
- Discovering Armenia: Surp Astvatsatsin Church of Karbi (photos)
- EU pledges "multi-million support" to help revamp Armenia's judiciary
- Tekeyan Cultural Association, Inc. Dr. Nubar Berberian Annual Awards
- Cavusoglu says Turkey is ready for new operation in Syria
- Increased danger level declared in France due to heat
- Ambassador Świtalski reaffirms EU’s position on NK conflict settlement
- Shot fired from Azerbaijani side in Nakhchivan section was not targeted: Armenia Defense Minister
- Zelensky's party set for big win in parliamentary elections
- Armenia must continue efforts for visa-free regime with EU: Switalski
- Iranian Foreign Minister calls US sanctions economic terrorism
- Armenia expects first Russian Su-30 fighters in late 2019 or early 2020
- New birthday photos of Prince George
- President of Artsakh attends final of international sport dance contest-festival in Stepanakert
- Artsakh is part of ancient Armenia: Ukrainian journalist on his journey
- Tigran Avinyan met with Armenian community in Boston
- 8 injured after lightning strike at Florida beach:
- Today is International Boxing Day
- Shinzo Abe intends to sign peace treaty with Russia while in office
- Nikol Pashinyan partakes in MOD graduates' graduation ceremony (live)
- World is changing rapidly, those who do not notice it, will be late: Armen Sarkissian visits Vanadzor Technology Center
- Eve of the Fast of Transfiguration
- Hye Pointe Armenian Church Holds Ceremony for Consecration of Cross