Armenian president’s family pic on International Day of Families
The Armenian president’s office has congratulated the International Day of Families marked on 15 May, posting a photo of Armen Sarkissian and his spouse Nouneh Sarkissian with their grandchildren on Facebook.
The day was proclaimed by the UN General Assembly in 1993 and reflects the importance the international community attaches to families. Armenia has marked the family day officially since 2011.
The International Day of Families provides an opportunity to promote awareness of issues relating to families and to increase knowledge of the social, economic and demographic processes affecting them.
It has inspired a series of awareness-raising events, including national family days. In many countries, this day is an opportunity to highlight different areas of interest and importance to families.
- Qualifying stage of "K-pop World Festival 2019 in Armenia" was held in Yerevan NEW 34 MINUTES AGO
- Tokyo 2020 medal podiums to be made of recycled plastic
- Center for Armenian journalist Dink's memory opened in Istanbul
- Ex-head of UEFA Platini arrested
- Recipe Corner: Fresh Sautéed Spinach and Vegetable Salad
- Postcard dedicated to Council of Europe cancelled in Armenia
- Artur Hovhannisyan filled in vacated seat in parliament
- Yerevan hosts annual meeting of Hayastan All-Armenian Fund Board of Trustees
- 9.7 billion on Earth by 2050, but growth rate slowing, says new UN population report
- RA Parliament regular session kicked off
- Armenian FM to depart for Washington D.C. on working visit
- Today is famous Armenian poet, historian Ghevond Alishan's birthday
- Greek PM says may seek sanctions against Turkey in gas row: Reuters
- Iran says will surpass low-enriched uranium level in June
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- Ukrainian-Armenian Artem Dalakian defends WBA flyweight title
- Kremlin: US yet to present proposals on Putin-Trump meeting at G20 summit
- EU may suspend non-visa for some countries
- Sudan says military council suspends decree on UN sites
- Large-scale military exercises were held in Artsakh
- Putin to meet with the leaders of Azerbaijan and Iran
- Artur Aleksanyan launched the Pan-Armenian Games
- European Games to be broadcast on IOC Channel for free
- G20 environment ministers agree to tackle marine plastic waste
- German lawmaker says Armenia is on right path to judicial reforms