BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe Leaks То Preview Stunning 6 Series GC Successor
The teasing game for the first-ever BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe officially started in early May confirming the debut of the car is finally coming in June. Approximately two weeks after the first sketches were released, we received a batch of spy photos showing an almost completely undisguised prototype, and now a leaked photo basically reveals the stylish four-door coupe in its entirety.
The single studio shot here comes courtesy of Car and Driver and reveals a gorgeous-looking vehicle with a sloped roofline and four doors. The proportions seem familiar given into account the 8 Series Gran Coupe acts as the spiritual successor for the 6 Series Gran Coupe. The basic idea remains unchanged but the execution is more stylish.
Naturally, the front end is largely shared with the 8 Series coupe and convertible but the expanded body thanks to the addition of two rear doors and the short rear overhang create a beautiful overall silhouette. As far as we can tell by looking at the front bumper, this is likely the M850i trim with a V8 engine.
This means the car you see depicted here has BMW’s 4.4-liter twin-turbo V8 generating 523 horsepower (390 kilowatts) and 553 pound-feet (750 Newton-meters). It is mated to an eight-speed automatic gearbox, which sends power to all four wheels through an xDrive all-wheel-drive system. This powertrain is also available for the 8 Series coupe and convertible.
Customers in Europe will also get the diesel-powered 840d equipped with a 3.0-liter twin-turbo inline-six diesel offering 315 hp (235 kW) and 502 lb-ft (680 Nm). Later during the model’s lifecycle, BMW will most likely launch the 840i with a 3.0-liter turbocharged inline-six gas engine good for 335 hp (250 kW) and 332 lb-ft (450 Nm). A range-topping M variant is also in the works.
- Zohrab Mnatsakanyan's speech at 41st session of UN Human Rights Council
- President of Artsakh holds consultation on establishment of Investigation Committee
- Armenia Defense Ministry, Hi-Tech Cyber Security Center launch contest
- Opening of Charles Aznavour square in Chaville (PHOTOS)
- Three habits increasing risk of cancer
- On June 27-29 the air temperature will gradually go down by 3-4 degrees
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan’s transfer cost decreases
- Recipe Corner: Homemade Apricot Leather
- Booking.com defined the most hospitable countries of the world
- Serj Tankian supports sisters who killed abusive dad in self defense
- Yerevan Council of Elders extraordinary session kicked off (live)
- Red Wings offers passengers to visit Yerevan or Makhachkala instead of Georgia
- Georgian authorities stop Armenian passenger bus traveling from Russia for “transporting banned item”
- Bako Sahakyan participated in the presentation of case decisions collection of Artsakh Supreme Court
- Syrian military sends reinforcements to Hama for upcoming offensive
- 48.4 thousand people left Armenia for Russia in 2018
- Armenia supports Iran: Ambassador Tumanyan
- PM chairs regular Security Council session
- Minsk 2019: Arthur Hovhannisyan wins 1/8 final
- RA President named laureate of Prix de la Fondation 2019 at Crans Montana Forum
- OSCE to conduct monitoring at Artsakh-Azerbaijan border
- Georgian Airways offers passengers flights to Moscow via Yerevan
- White House confirmed exchange of letters between Trump and Kim Jong-un
- RA Parliament extraordinary session continues (live)
- President Sarkissian travels to Switzerland