Pashinyan discussed issues of bilateral cooperation with his Chinese counterpart
Prime Minister of Armenia Nikol Pashinyan, who is on a working visit to the People’s Republic of China, met with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang in the House of People’s Representatives, the press service of the Government of Armenia reports.
The Prime Minister of the People's Republic of China welcomed the visit of Nikol Pashinyan and expressed confidence that he would contribute to the further development and strengthening of bilateral relations. Li Keqiang stressed the existence of centuries-old bilateral ties and added that this is a good basis to give new impetus to cooperation between China and Armenia.
“We can closely cooperate in various fields, given the similarities between our two countries - there is a strong political base for this,” said Li Keqiang.
Pashinyan thanked for the warm welcome and said: “I am very pleased with this meeting. "Dialogue of Asian Civilizations" conference is very important for us. The opening of the conference took place, and it was very impressive. This conference is a good opportunity to discuss further cooperation issues. I am very pleased with this opportunity and meeting with you at the conference. Armenia and China have common interests. I believe this visit will give a new impetus to the work on programs that represent the interests of Armenia and China”.
Nikol Pashinyan noted the importance of cooperation in the fields of industry, transport and information technology.
Li Keqiang noted the importance of further developing bilateral economic ties, stressing that the approaches of the Chinese side coincide with the sectoral priorities voiced by Prime Minister Pashinyan.
The sides discussed issues related to the expansion and deepening of cooperation in trade, industry, transport, information technology, agriculture. The issues of cooperation in the construction of the North-South highway and the implementation of other infrastructure projects in Armenia were also touched upon. Li Keqiang stressed the Chinese government is ready to participate in these programs.
The parties discussed the possibility of implementing joint projects within the framework of the “One Belt, One Road” initiative, in particular, the implementation of projects in the field of transport, railway and information infrastructures.
Then, Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan and Premier of the State Council of the People's Republic of China discussed issues on the Armenian-Chinese economic relations during the dinner.
The meeting was attended by Minister of Transport, Communications and Information Technologies of Armenia Hakob Arshakyan, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of China and the Minister of Industry and Information Technologies of China.
- The Battlefield of Armenia’s Domestic Politics Has Moved to Karabakh
- When Turkey Destroyed Its Christians: WSJ
- Air temperature to gradually go up by 5-6 degrees
- CNN's Piers Morgan urges Arsenal, Chelsea against going to Baku for UEL final
- Armenian TUMO received EU prestigious award
- Russian, German, French leaders favor return of Russian delegation to PACE
- RA President Armen Sarkissian to attend Eurasian Media Forum at invitation of Kazakh counterpart
- Nikol Pashinyan's rating dropped by 10%: Gallup
- Turkish military servicemen start training course on use of S-400 systems
- CSTO foreign ministers meeting started in Bishkek
- Love called upon to unite us
- Grigor Muradyan dismissed from the post of PM adviser
- Judicial reforms require balanced approaches: "In the name of social justice" Party statement
- Bako Sahakyan congratulates major-general Arkady Ter-Tadevosyan on 80th birthday
- Artsakh is the heroic feat of the Armenian people: Solovyov
- Koscielny denounces decision to hold Europa League final in Baku after Henrikh Mkhitaryan confirms absence
- Opening ceremony of International Conference on Armenian Studies took place at Matenadaran
- Aznavour songs playing nonstop at Yerevan subway on artist’s 95th birthday
- Islamic State ambushes Syrian troops in country's east
- CoE Committee of Ministers publicizes Armenia Ombudsman special position on ECHR ruling
- Today is Artsakh Hero Arkady Ter-Tadevosyan's birthday
- Yerevan City Council session (live)
- Hovhannes Tumanian: In the Armenian Mountains
- Maduro says "traitors" among armed forces should be detained
- International conference dedicated to academician Sen Arevshatyan's 90th anniversary started in Matenadaran (live)