Pompeo considers military influence on Iran
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said that Washington is considering all options for influencing Iran, including the force. However, according to him, the United States does not want war with an Islamic republic.
On countering Iran, Pompeo spoke about this to CBS on Sunday, June 16th. He noted that the State Department had several times informed US President Donald Trump about possible options for such counteraction.
“We will continue to keep him informed. We are confident that we will be able to take a series of actions to restore deterrence (Iran. - Ed.), Which is our mission, ”said Pompeo.
On the question of whether the US is considering the possibility of military confrontation, the Secretary of State replied: “Of course.” However, according to him, Trump made it very clear that he "does not want to go to war."
Pompeo was asked if the US administration had a legal right to strike Iran without a congressional approval.
“We always have the right to protect the interests of America,” the Secretary of State replied, stressing that the administration would take only “legitimate” steps towards Iran.
- London needs to understand that Tehran does not seek confrontation — Zarif NEW 4 MINUTES AGO
- World Whale and Dolphin Day
- 5.4 magnitude quake hits southern Iran
- Armenian combat engineers clear mines on over 8,500 sq m of Syrian territory
- Zareh Sinanyan met with Abel Aghanbekyan, Academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- On July 26-27 the air temperature will go down by 3-4 degrees
- Britain weighs response to Iran Gulf crisis with few good options
- Most harmful to tooth enamel drinks named
- Discovering Armenia: Surp Astvatsatsin Church of Karbi (photos)
- EU pledges "multi-million support" to help revamp Armenia's judiciary
- Tekeyan Cultural Association, Inc. Dr. Nubar Berberian Annual Awards
- Cavusoglu says Turkey is ready for new operation in Syria
- Increased danger level declared in France due to heat
- Ambassador Świtalski reaffirms EU’s position on NK conflict settlement
- Shot fired from Azerbaijani side in Nakhchivan section was not targeted: Armenia Defense Minister
- Zelensky's party set for big win in parliamentary elections
- Armenia must continue efforts for visa-free regime with EU: Switalski
- Iranian Foreign Minister calls US sanctions economic terrorism
- Armenia expects first Russian Su-30 fighters in late 2019 or early 2020
- New birthday photos of Prince George
- President of Artsakh attends final of international sport dance contest-festival in Stepanakert
- Artsakh is part of ancient Armenia: Ukrainian journalist on his journey
- Tigran Avinyan met with Armenian community in Boston
- 8 injured after lightning strike at Florida beach:
- Today is International Boxing Day