Bishop Sahak Mashalian elected Istanbul’s Armenian patriarchal locum tenens
Bishop Sahak Mashalian has been elected a patriarchal locum tenens in the Armenian Patriarchate of Istanbul, Agos reported.
On July 4 the election a patriarchal locum tenens was held in the Armenian Patriarchate of Istanbul.
There were two candidates – Archbishop Aram Ateshyan and Bishop Sahak Mashalian.
According to Agos, Mashalian received 13 votes, whereas Ateshyan – 11 votes.
On March 8, 2019, Patriarch Mesrob II died in Istanbul after being more than a decade in a dementia-related coma.
An election of a patriarchal locum tenens was scheduled to take place on June 27, but it was delayed until July 4 based on the letter received from the Istanbul Governor’s Office.
- Ryanair, WizzAir “ready to fly to Armenia if departure tax is dropped”
- Ambassador: Russia respects events underway in Armenia
- Arshak Chopanyan and issues of ancient Armenian literature
- Nutritionist shares top 5 tips to lose weight
- President Sarkissian visits Megerian Carpet in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Layered Middle Eastern Mazza (or Salad)
- Tekeyan Cultural Association, Inc. Dr. Nubar Berberian Annual Awards
- Mkhitaryan meets with Armenian community in LA
- Iranian military aircraft spotted at Hama Airbase in Syria
- I wish 'Golden Apricot' further rotting: David Sahakyants
- Wetting is not mandatory, therefore, the authorities agreed to abandon this idea: Arpine Hovhannisyan
- Daron Acemoglu named MIT Institute Professor
- Arshak Chopanyan's activities as an ADL member
- Swiss scientists predict climate similar to Tashkent for Yerevan in 30 years
- Erdogan announced sending 100 people to Russia for learning how to work with S-400
- Armenian team won 5 medals at International Physics Olympiad
- EU foreign ministers to discuss situation around Iran
- 152 demonstrators detained in Paris
- Today is Armenian renowned writer, literary critic Arshak Chobanian's birthday
- In separate regions short-term rain and thunderstorm is predicted
- Deputy Armenian PM traveling to New York for UN Political Forum
- Armenia’s Health Ministry calls to refrain from swimming in some areas of Lake Sevan
- 5 foods that accelerate aging study
- Turkey dollar bonds extend falls on U.S. sanction worries: Reuters
- 90 ceasefire violations by Azerbaijan registered in past week