Stoltenberg noted progress of Georgia in NATO integration process
Georgian Prime Minister Mamuka Bakhtadze and NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg on Sunday discussed issues of integrating the country into the alliance and deepening cooperation in this direction. This was reported by the Public Television of Georgia, which showed footage from a working dinner organized by the head of government on the occasion of the Secretary General's visit.
"During the meeting, the process of the country's integration into NATO and the European Union, the course of reforms carried out in Georgia in this direction were discussed," the channel said. Stoltenberg emphasized "the progress of Georgia in the process of integration into NATO". Bakhtadze thanked Stoltenberg for the visit to Tbilisi, noting that it is the "evidence of firm support of Georgia by NATO".
NATO Secretary General arrived in Tbilisi on Sunday evening. First Deputy Minister of Defense Lela Chikovani stated that on March 25 Stoltenberg, Bakhtadze and Defense Minister Levan Izoria will visit the NATO-Georgia Joint Learning and Assessment Center (JTEC) in Krtsanisi (on the outskirts of Tbilisi), where from March 18, NATO - Georgia Exercise 2019 takes place.
On March 21, Stoltenberg declared in Brussels that NATO was ready to continue active support of Georgia in the process of carrying out reforms in order to prepare the country for joining the alliance. The Secretary General declined to answer the question about the possible timing of Georgia’s admission to NATO, stating that "the decision on the admission of a country is made by the members of the alliance on the basis of consensus and taking into account the full readiness of the state" for this.
Touching upon the question of conducting exercises, he noted that they "are purely defensive in nature and are not directed against any other countries," including Russia.
- Armenian parliament approves 2018 budget implementation report
- On June 23-25 the air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- China President arrives in North Korea for first time in 14 years
- Boxer Hovhannes Bachkov to be Armenia’s flag-bearer at 2nd European Games inauguration ceremony
- Armenia uses space imaging to map Lake Sevan shore waste cleaning plan
- Pentagon to send Patriot systems, drones and surveillance planes to Middle East
- Samsung to reportedly launch Galaxy Note 10 on Aug. 7
- Constitutional Court President receives Russian Ambassador to Armenia
- YouTube, Universal team up to remaster old iconic music videos
- Iran’s IRGC force shoots down intruding US spy drone
- Trump confirms will meet with Russia’s Putin during G20 summit
- Armenian FM meets US Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs in Washington D.C.
- Iran claims to have downed American UAV
- Celebrating Komitas’ 150th Anniversary in Washington
- On June 23-24 the air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees
- How Modern Literary Publication Is Being Revived in Armenia
- Hundreds Gather in Oakland to Honor Lifelong Athletic Visionary and Leader, Richard Demirjian
- Russian Envoy Warned After Meeting With Kocharyan
- Tehran says Iran, Russia will bolster economic cooperation
- Trump officially announced his decision to run for a second term
- NSS, FFA boss personally shows Vicente del Bosque around Yerevan
- Japanese authorities leave ticket resellers “unemployed”
- Talking about Peace, Worrying about War
- US National Security Adviser John Bolton to meet Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs in Washington D.C.
- Armenia included in Top 5 most delicious countries for Russians