"Passion" around Theresa May reaching a solution?
This morning, the international media began to spread rather controversial information about the future of British Prime Minister Theresa May. The Russian radio station Ekho Moskvy, referring to the The Times, spread the information that today, Ms. May may resign.
Presumably, this will happen after a meeting with the head of the 1922 Committee parliamentary commission, conservative Graham Brady.
The reason is not a secret to anyone: even members of the May government do not support her position on the issue of Britain’s exit from the European Union.
The BBC and Daily Telegraph agencies remind that many of the British Prime Minister’s supporters turned away from her after she, without proper consultation with the ministers, promised the deputies to hold a second Brexit referendum.
A few hours ago, Reuters reported that Teresa May had decided to withdraw from June 7 of this year as the leader of the Conservative and Unionist Party, and at the same time that means, as the country's prime minister. In the presence of journalists, she said: “I realized the interests of the state require it.” At the end of her speech, Theresa May burst into tears.
In fact, the last high level meeting of the British Prime Minister will be with the President of the United States, Donald Trump, who will visit Foggy Albion in early June.
It is also noteworthy that May party members, former Foreign Minister Boris Johnson, and Andrea Leadsom, who recently retired from the post of chairman of the lower house of the British parliament, have already declared their claims to the post of prime minister. Among the applicants are also British Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt and the head of the Home Office, Sajid Javid.
All of this indicates that the process of electing a new prime minister is likely to be very turbulent. In any case, as experience shows, it will be delayed for 5-6 weeks, and, before that, Theresa May will continue to lead the cabinet, but already as temporary acting officer.
- We and the portrait of Dorian Gray
- Syrian-Armenian artist Kevork Mourad to create six-meter hanging sculpture of Babel
- Prevention of genocide remains challenged, Armenia tells UN
- Real offer 130 million euros for Neymar ... plus Rodriguez or Bale
- Study shows vacation is good for the heart
- An Armenian's feat in Brest Fortress defense: Russian Defense Ministry's archive materials
- Armenia announces call for applications for Junior Eurovision 2019
- Armenia to hold international festival on Tigran Mansuryan's 80th birthday
- Armenian President meets famous American theoretical physicist, Nobel laureate Kip Thorn in Zurich
- The first in the history Talysh library to open in YSU
- Topics of the talks between Putin and Trump at G20 summit announced
- Delegation led by defense minister participates in Army 2019 International Military- Technical Forum in Russia
- Iranian Foreign Ministry: US forever closed the path of diplomacy
- President proposes to hold 6th STARMUS Festival in Armenia
- Armenia national detained during Tbilisi demonstrations is released
- Armenia has it all: Rosturizm on alternative to Georgia
- Azerbaijani FM’s claims are of non-constructive nature and devalue the seriousness of the peace process: MFA spokesperson
- Winter Olympics 2026 to be held in Italy
- US announced sanctions against Iranian FM
- Zohrab Mnatsakanyan's speech at 41st session of UN Human Rights Council
- President of Artsakh holds consultation on establishment of Investigation Committee
- Armenia Defense Ministry, Hi-Tech Cyber Security Center launch contest
- ADL and ARFD members held an inter-party meeting
- Opening of Charles Aznavour square in Chaville (PHOTOS)
- Three habits increasing risk of cancer