Armenia has it all: Rosturizm on alternative to Georgia
After the introduction of a temporary ban on passenger flights from Russia to Georgia by the decree signed by Vladimir Putin after the scandal with the Russian delegation in Tbilisi and subsequent protests, all Russian airlines should cancel flights, and tour operators and travel agents should stop selling tours to Georgia and, instead, offer an alternative direction, writes RUSARMINFO.
As an alternative to Georgia, Russian tourists are now choosing Armenia, the press secretary of the Russian Union of Travel Industry Irina Tyurina notes.
“People go to Georgia for the atmosphere, delicious food and wine. Armenia has it all. So, many, due to the temporary ban, changed the Georgian tour to the Armenian one. The popularity of Armenia has grown these days, ”Irina Tyurina said in an interview with RUSARMINFO.
At the same time, she noted that most of the tourists are not in a hurry to abandon the planned trip to Georgia: tourists change only the way to get and fly to Georgia through Yerevan.
According to the Association of Tour Operators of Russia, organized tourists are about 5-7 thousand, and independent travelers are 2-3 times more. Rosturizm voices other figures: 3.5 thousand people.
- Fish Cutlets Recipe
- Much of the world will be able to see a partial lunar eclipse
- Zelensky intends to replace ambassadors in Armenia, US and Vatican
- Over the next 5 days, a high risk of fire is predicted in the valleys and foothills of the Republic
- Exhibition of Armenian Old Printed Books
- S-400 systems pose no threat to NATO, Turkish top diplomat says
- Armenian Speaker of Parliament touches upon sanctions on Iran during discussion in US
- 6.1 magnitude quake strikes south of Indonesia’s Bali
- Armenia FM to pay working visit to US
- Council of Europe to assist Armenia in revising national youth strategy
- President of Artsakh chairs Cabinet meeting
- Interdepartmental Committee on Development of Armenian National Security Strategy created
- Armenian Ambassador Tigran Mkrtchyan’s interview published at The Baltic Times
- Greece leads ranking of "Best islands of Europe" according to Travel and Leisure magazine
- Pakistan re-opens airspace for civil aviation
- Europe to choose best young athlete
- Aeroflot Magazine devoted pages to Armenia
- Armenian PM’s wife attends charity performance in Yerevan Puppet Theatre
- Erdogan announced Turkey’s plans to establish joint production of air defense systems with Russia
- PM Pashinyan’s spokesperson comments on Venice Commission protocol
- Ryanair, WizzAir “ready to fly to Armenia if departure tax is dropped”
- Ambassador: Russia respects events underway in Armenia
- Arshak Chopanyan and issues of ancient Armenian literature
- Nutritionist shares top 5 tips to lose weight
- President Sarkissian visits Megerian Carpet in Yerevan