Foreign Minister not sure about date of visa liberalization with the EU
Liberalization of the visa regime with the EU is of great importance and is a matter of principle for Armenia. This was stated by Armenian Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan in an interview with journalists on the margins of the event dedicated to the 10th anniversary of the Eastern Partnership program in Brussels.
Answering the question of whether the issue of visa liberalization was discussed during the current meetings, the minister noted that the issue is important and it was discussed.
“Liberalization of the visa regime is not the only, but the most important tool, giving the opportunity to strengthen what is called contact between people. This is not the only tool, we pay attention and try to develop all areas. As I have already said, there are various comments, various questions concerning attitudes towards migration and policies in this direction. But we cannot consider the question closed and continue to consistently pursue our policy, since we believe that everyone is evaluated according to his merits and capabilities. We are very sensitive and will not create a situation threatening the abuse of visa liberalization. We do not contribute to anything that causes problems. Now we are told that there are other countries that are using and abusing the liberalized regime. For us, this is not enough reason. We want us to be judged by our merits, our capabilities, and in this regard, all experts and departments related to migration issues, in contact with relevant European experts to assess how well we have developed, how much they meet the criteria so that we can to start a dialogue on visa liberalization”, - the Foreign Minister noted.
When asked whether he could indicate a specific date, the minister noted that this could happen at any time. But when exactly, he cannot say for sure now.
- Lavrov calls on parties to Iran nuclear deal to stay committed to common positions NEW 18 MINUTES AGO
- Serj Tankian invests in Patreon
- Kremlin responds to Theresa May’s criticism of Putin’s ideas about liberalism
- Recipe Corner: Rice Pudding
- Armenian musicians perform at Kusturica's Kustendorf festival
- On July 21 the air temperature will go up by 2-3 degrees
- 60% of cervical cancer cases found out at late stage in Armenia
- Reuters: U.S. officials wonder: Did Turkish leader's coup memories drive Russia arms deal?
- Armenian duduk performed by Japanese surprised network users (video)
- World popular attractions rating compiled: Armenia also included
- "Gossip Girl" getting a reboot on HBO Max
- The guilty will be identified and brought to justice: Osipyan
- Magnitude 4.2 earthquake strikes southwest Iran
- The guilty for yesterday’s events will be punished in the strongest terms (video)
- Government session (live)
- 13 arrested over Ijevan incidents: Investigative Committee releases details
- Armenia’s Chief Commissioner for Diaspora Affairs departs for Russia on working visit
- Iran promised to keep nuclear deal
- Members of Initiative group elected during meeting in Istanbul’s Armenian Patriarchate
- Today is Nelson Mandela International Day
- Paleo Georgian garlic chicken (chkmeruli) recipe
- European Commission has new chairperson
- Armenia FM, US Department of State representative touch upon Nagorno-Karabakh conflict settlement
- Yerevan Mayor presents city development projects to President Sarkissian
- Ararat Mirzoyan, Nancy Pelosi discuss Armenian-American relations