UNESCO removed birthplace of Jesus from its list of heritage in danger
The UNESCO World Heritage Committee at its 43rd session in Baku decided to remove the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem and the pilgrimage route from its list of endangered heritage. This was reported on Tuesday on the organization's website.
The decision was made in connection with the high quality of the work carried out, including the restoration of the roof, facades, mosaics and doors.
The Church of the Nativity of Christ was inscribed on the list of World Heritage Sites in Danger in 2012. The basilica, located 10 km south of Jerusalem, is one of the most important shrines in the Christian world - since the 2nd century AD it is revered by Christians as the birthplace of Jesus Christ.
The 43rd session of the UNESCO World Heritage Committee opened in Baku on June 30 and will last until July 10.
- Ryanair, WizzAir “ready to fly to Armenia if departure tax is dropped”
- Ambassador: Russia respects events underway in Armenia
- Arshak Chopanyan and issues of ancient Armenian literature
- Nutritionist shares top 5 tips to lose weight
- President Sarkissian visits Megerian Carpet in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Layered Middle Eastern Mazza (or Salad)
- Tekeyan Cultural Association, Inc. Dr. Nubar Berberian Annual Awards
- Mkhitaryan meets with Armenian community in LA
- Iranian military aircraft spotted at Hama Airbase in Syria
- I wish 'Golden Apricot' further rotting: David Sahakyants
- Wetting is not mandatory, therefore, the authorities agreed to abandon this idea: Arpine Hovhannisyan
- Daron Acemoglu named MIT Institute Professor
- Arshak Chopanyan's activities as an ADL member
- Swiss scientists predict climate similar to Tashkent for Yerevan in 30 years
- Erdogan announced sending 100 people to Russia for learning how to work with S-400
- Armenian team won 5 medals at International Physics Olympiad
- EU foreign ministers to discuss situation around Iran
- 152 demonstrators detained in Paris
- Today is Armenian renowned writer, literary critic Arshak Chobanian's birthday
- In separate regions short-term rain and thunderstorm is predicted
- Deputy Armenian PM traveling to New York for UN Political Forum
- Armenia’s Health Ministry calls to refrain from swimming in some areas of Lake Sevan
- 5 foods that accelerate aging study
- Turkey dollar bonds extend falls on U.S. sanction worries: Reuters
- 90 ceasefire violations by Azerbaijan registered in past week